Monday, March 28, 2011 | By: Kreado

Kreado Pewter Crosses


Our Kreado session during the month of March consisted of making crosses of pewter. Before any confusion sets in, we didn't mold the pewter but actually used wooden project crosses and then sculpted pewter and covered the wood with it. The colour you see on the crosses was achieved by using glass paint.
I was really surprised with this class since i intended until the morning of the class just to show them one pewter sculpting technique. It would have been inverse indentation (I hope i've got that wording right!). But then as i was busy with my preparations i considered how creative the ladies are. And then i decided to show them how to 3d sculpting where the pewter actually stands out as well. And low and behold they chose difficult designs which were highly successful. I'm always very impressed with the ladies. They go beyond my expectations and i also always learn something from them. For example i learned that you can 'stencil' pewter by using a rough surfice such as brick... Did you know that? Also one of the attendees used both copper and black patina to create a splatter effect on her cross. I think of everyone that has ever attended Kreado, I have learned the most!

0 comments:

Post a Comment