Thursday, December 2, 2010 | By: Kreado

Ongoing Art Projects

 
As i've mentioned previously, i have some ongoing art projects. The above picture shows my project for our Mosaic and Pewter session. It is not 100% finished since i still need to grout the sides properly and also paint the back and inside. I am however unsure as to what colour i must paint. White or Grey? I feel white is the better option since there is plenty of grey and white just looks cleaner. 

Other than this project i'm also busy with mosaic crosses that have been occupying my shelf space for far to long. Not only do i need to finish the mosaic on them, but also of course the grout and paint part. The one cross i made a pewter center for and will be using the same technique as with the mirror frame above. The tricky part is to level the grout with the tiles where the pewter must come. It's not that easy and it's really messy. But keeping the end product in mind keeps me excited about the project. 

What i've also discovered with the frames i'm busy with is glass cutting. Currently whenever i need glass or mirrors to be cut i go to the glass department of Jimnettes Art Store. I've read up on glass cutting and even watched a short video on how to do it, what tools are needed and so on. I must admit that glass art is still foreign to me and somewhat scary. The beautiful lead glass lampshades, windows etc always has me in awe and perhaps someday i will also familiarize myself with this art form. At the moment though i can't see us doing it at a Kreado session. So for now we'll do the glass painting and glass frosting which is an easy enough project for an art session.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely blog! Very creative!

Post a Comment