Thursday, November 25, 2010 | By: Kreado

Greenery




I'm trying my hand at growing plants these days. Or should i rather say keeping them alive? A couple of years ago this was not possible at all since my dear Luna loved to eat anything that looked green. I actually tried to have a bit of a grassy patch for her in a pot on my balcony but it ended up as her loo! So that didn't last long. When i did finally let her roam around outside on her own and she grew up so much that she's not interested in anything else but sleep... well only then could i bring in plants again and enjoy them. I've had a couple of mishaps but not many. The picture above is of the ficus in my bathroom. The green against the white really makes a statement. I also got an office plant which gives me some privacy and i love it for that. Was quite a mission to figure out the office plant though because it is a mixed bowl containing 4 different plants. Now to my thinking these 4 plants will like a similar climate and handling. Alas! One did not make it. But the other 3 adapted well to office life and i've figured out how much water i need to give it. Indeed, i'm enjoying plants so much these days that i'm looking forward to starting my own little vegetable garden in pots and adding more plants to my new flat. Gardening does pass as a craft doesn't it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment