Friday, November 12, 2010 | By: Kreado

Being arty and crafty






Last year we had a Kreado session with fabric paint. And as usual the Kreado session inspired me to really try out the craft. I was inspired with ideas of gifts and designs. This is what always happens after a Kreado session. A funny thing happened when i was thinking of designs for my wedding invitations. Because of the various crafts i know about i ended up being confused and stressed out on what design to use. It's easy when you are making a gift for someone or just crafting for the enjoyment thereof. But when it comes to wedding invitations it's a different matter. It's a decision involving colours, shapes, font formats, wording and a theme. Another factor that made it more difficult for me is that i saw various examples of made wedding invitations. For some reason though they all started looking the same for me. One big blur of stiff looking wedding stationary. Me and my friends however are the crafty types who like putting some personal touches to our weddings / special events. To buy a card when you are a arty or crafty person is not the thing to do! I must admit making Christmas cards myself last year ended up being a bigger task than i expected. But the wedding invitations had a deadline. Our group of friends however have established a special tradition of taking a day and making invitation together. It turns into a type of Kreado session for a day. We have great conversations while being arty and the task gets done! So with the help of my faithful friends we managed to make the cards within a day. It was hard work but so worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment